In this article you will see how to install Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Xperia X8. We all know that this phone has a low cost and high potential. Sony has stopped the upgrades of Xperia X8 as with many other devices for speculative purposes.
Here they come some programmers manufacturers like xda-developers to show to manufacturing companies that these devices are not for withdrawal but have more features than those we already know.
Xperia X8 has the ability to double touch, wifi tethering, cpu over 600hz and many more who with the purchase does not support.
You want to buy a device with the new version of Android? Follow the steps below carefully and you will keep your old phone upgraded.
Before you start inform you that we are not responsible for possible damage to your phone. The following instructions are been implemented by us without any problem. If any problem occur in the path of this tottorial, you can reset your phone by following the instructions HERE.
1. First, make sure if your device is upgraded or if you have already installed some rom you must reinstall the default version. To do this follow the below article.
Go HERE: 'How To Upgrade Or Repair Your Sony Ericsson Device'
2. When you complete with above step, now you need to download some files you will need for the next steps. Download the following files:
If you have any problem with the links above, you can download all this in one
pack HERE (Pass: flash).
pack HERE (Pass: flash).
3. Connect your phone to pc and sent MiniCM10-4.0.2-shakira.zip and gapps-jb-20120923-signed.zip files to sd card.
4. Now you have to unlock the phone by following the next steps, this will allow you to edit the basic phone functions such as the cpu:
a. Close you Antivirus System
b. Unpack the msm7227.7z file wherever you want
c. Enable 'usb debugging' on your phone 'Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging'
d. Connect the phone to pc
e. Run 'msm7227_semc.cmd' and you will see similar commands with those in picture here:
If this does not work for you then run the 'msm7227_setool2.cmd' file
Ok that's it, the phone now has unlocked bootloader.
5. Install custom Kernel nAa, this means that the startup Sony Ericsson Logo will no longer appear.
a. You have already installed FlashTool according to 'step 1' and the Article 'How To Upgrade Or Repair Your Sony Ericsson Device' nice, if not, install it.
b. Copy/past the E15_nAa-jb-03_126.96.36.199-nAa-jb-03.ftf file to Flashtool\firmwares folder 'C:\Flashtool\firmwares'
c. Run FlashTool
d. Connect the phone to PC and wait until FlashTool to recognize it
e. Now Flash the Kernel with FlashTool, press the thunder
f. Select 'Flashmode' and then press 'Ok'
g. Select the nAa Kernel and then press 'Ok'
h. Reboot your phone and you should see the kernel boot animation like the image below
Now the phone freezes at nAa Logo and will not open, the only thing you can do for now is to enter in Bootloader recovery menu. This problem will be temporary until you install the upgrade.
6. Make sure if you have already the MiniCM10-4.0.2-shakira.zip and gapps-jb-20120923-signed.zip files to sd. If not, copy them.
7. Now you need to upgrade your phone by following these steps.
a. Reboot your phone, if it frozen, remove the battery and put it back again then press the power button.
b. When you see the nAa logo press the back button on the phone
c. Now you should see the recovery menu, select 'wipe data\factory reset' is very important step
d. Select 'mounts and storage' > 'format /system'
e. Flash the MiniCM10-4.0.2-shakira.zip file, select 'install zip from sdcard' then 'choose zip from sdcard' and select the MiniCM10-4.0.2-shakira.zip
f. Flash the gapps-jb-20120923-signed.zip file, in the same way
g. Reboot your phone, the first boot will take about 4 minutes
That's it, if all have done well your phone will be upgraded to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
If you have any questions you can leave a comment
below or contact us through the contact form.
And of course you can share the text with your friends.